Friday, April 8, 2011

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader...OUT TODAY!

There is a great new movie out today and you still have time to pick it up to enjoy tonight....The Chronicles of Narnia:  The Voyage of the Dawn Treader!  I was really excited to watch this flick as I love the CS Lewis books and I also enjoyed the first two movies adapted from the books.  Here is the scoop on this latest offering...

Return to the magic and wonder of C. S. Lewis' epic world in this third installment of the beloved Chronicles of Narnia fantasy-adventure series. When Lucy and Edmund Pensive, along with their cousin Eustace, are swallowed into a painting and transported back to Narnia, they join King Caspian and a noble mouse named Reepicheep aboard the magnificent ship The Dawn Treader. The courageous voyagers travel to mysterious islands, confront mystical creatures, and reunite with the Great Lion Aslan and a mission that will determine the fate of Narnia itself! 

My take?  Lots of exciting fun!  This one is not one I shared with the kids as I think it would be more appropriate for the older set (Rated PG), but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  As I said, it is adapted from the wonderful books by CS Lewis and, while there are some differences peppered throughout it is not in such a way that is was disappointing (as I sometimes find!).  The actors portraying  these beloved characters are, in my opinion spot on and the animation is FANTASTIC!  I really felt like I was in Narnia.  If you love the books, like fantasy movies or are looking for a great way to spend an evening pick up a copy of The Chronicles of Narnia:  Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  

If you decide to pick up this movie at the local supermarket be sure to bring the kids.  In honor of today's release Fox Entertainment has put replicas of the Dawn Treader ship in 3,000 supermarkets nationwide including Kroger, Safeway and SuperValu.  The displays occupy 3 feet by 8 feet of floor space....how fun is that???

If you can't make it out today you can also pick up your copy today on Amazon....

0 comments:

Post a Comment