Friday, April 1, 2011

Scarecrow and Mrs. King: The Complete Second Season...Review!

I loved television of the 80's.  Growing up I remember fondly TV time with my parents.  They would let me stay up "late" to watch some prime time shows and I loved that special time with them.  Prime time TV was different back then....no graphic images or overtly sexual scenes or bad language.  It was a more innocent time, wasn't it?  In any case, one of the shows I remember watching with my parents was Scarecrow and Mrs. King.  When I was approached to do a review of Scarecrow and Mrs. King:  The Complete Second Season I was so excited....can anyone stay nostalgia??

In case you missed it (or were not born yet or not allowed to stay up "late" like me) here is what Scarecrow and Mrs. King is all about...

A single mother in suburban Washington D.C. discovers she has a talent for espionage work when she meets a dashing undercover agent--but balancing her duties as a spy with her responsibility as a parent proves constantly entertaining in this romantic-adventure series. 

Synopsis:  American spy Lee Stetson and his housewife sidekick Mrs. Amanda King are really going places in Season Two, fighting the Cold War in London, Munich, Salzburg and the Caribbean! Kate Jackson and Bruce Boxleitner again play the mismatched operatives, mixing laughs, intrigue and battle-of-the-sexes verbal jabs in this collection of 23 Episodes on 5 DVDs. Amanda is targeted by a white-slavery ring. Lee and his mentor, dithery Lady Emily Farnsworth, hunt for stolen plans for a top-secret plane. Amanda is the other woman in a headline-grabbing sex scandal. And Mrs. King becomes Mrs. Scarecrow on a romantic wedding cruise, complete with veil, vows and smooch at the altar – all in the line of duty, of course!

I have had the best time watching these episodes.  I have some recollection of seeing them when they first aired.  I think the show is smart, funny and full of adventure 80's style!  What I love about the show is that it mixed romance and mystery/adventure and not in an over the top way that you find on a lot of modern day TV.  Check out a clip from the Season Two collection...

 




Bring back memories??   The Scarecrow and Mrs. King:  The Complete Second Season is a wonderful addition to your movie collection.  I give it a big thumbs up and plan on letting my mom borrow it next.  Hey, maybe we can even watch it together...just like the old days!  Get your copy today on Amazon...


*Disclosure:  I was given a copy of the above mentioned DVD for purpose of review.   The opinions expressed are my own and may differ from yours.   I was not compensated in any way for my honest review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment