Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Serious Shaws Savings...

Do you all think I am completely obsessed with all this couponing talk yet??  Well, I might be just a little!  I will say this new obsession is pretty lucrative though...I am certainly saving a bundle.  I don't have tons of time to post all the details of my latest Shaws trip last night but I want to give you the highlights.

Powerade...oh my goodness!  I got 14, 32 ounce bottles of Powerade for $1!!  I had two $1 off coupons (on five) plus there were coupons at the display giving me buy 5 get 2 free.  The Powerades are on sale now for just $.50 each so this is an amazing deal.  The printable coupons are no longer available but your store may have the tear sheets at the display for the buy 5 get 2 free which is worth the trip!



I found some "peelies"( those coupons stuck on tops of products) on packages of Keebler cookies which were already on sale.  I snagged a couple of these to put in my snack stash.  I also grabbed two more packs of the Frootee Freeze Pops we have been enjoying on these hot days.  They are priced at $1.99 at Shaws and have a $2.00 rebate from inside.  I love free freeze pops.  We have so many that the boys gave some to some grateful construction workers yesterday!

I found some fabulous coupon matchups by looking at one of my favorite sites, We Use Coupons.  If you have not checked out this free site yet you really should.  It is filled with forums bursting with couponing ideas and savings from real people for every store you can imagine.  I always look to this site before hitting the stores.  You can check out their grocery store forums by clicking HEREBy looking to this site I was able to find coupon matchups for snacks, condiments and dairy products in one easy place.  Who doesn't love one stop shopping.

I had a coupon for buy one get one free on a box of Frosted Mini Wheats which was sent to me by Vocal Point.


I also, of course, hit the BOGO deals on ice cream and blueberries.  I also got a $.16 cucumber from the reduced produce area.  It was perfectly fine.  If you don't look in this area you should.  If you are using the produce within a couple of days it is often a great buy.  Look for bananas just perfect for baking here!


My bottom line this week?  My grocery bill was $60.72 (less $4 in rebates!) and my savings was $86.01!!!  By making just a few smarter changes I am saving a bundle.  I hope you are finding some savings too and some helpful tips here on RBM.  Please be sure to check back often for lots of coupons and great deals as well as my usual fun giveaways and reviews.  Happy savings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment