Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gift Guide: Mineral Hygienics Mineral Makeup (Review)

Our mission at Mineral Hygienics is to be the premier cosmetic manufacturer focusing on using natural products to promote health. We use natural ingredients to develop superior cosmetics that meet and exceed customer expectations – we will not compromise on quality. In order to accomplish this objective, Mineral Hygienics strives to build lasting relationships with our customers, suppliers and employees.
When my husband asked me the other day why my skin was orange, I knew I was in trouble. I had just purchased new makeup from the store and was disappointed and frustrated in the overall outcome.
After reading Mineral Hygienics mission statement while browsing for some quality makeup, I had to look more into their mineral makeup.
In order to have a long lasting relationship with your customers, your products have to be good. At first I was a little skeptical, but after trying out their makeup for myself, I can truly say I am hooked!
I had the the delightful opportunity to sample Mineral Hygienics Mineral Makeup and loved every moment of it. They sent me their Sheer Foundation in Medium Light, Medium, Fairly Tan and Light Tan. They also sent me their Mineral Bronzer - Cool Kiss, Mineral Enhancer - Warm Kiss, their Sheer Perfection Mineral Finish - Silk Translucent, and their Full Coverage Kabuki Brush.

I didn't know where to begin at first, but luckily they sent me their How-To booklet as well an instruction card on how to prepare my brush and how to apply my foundation. There were also great tips on their website that I used. It took me only a couple days to find an application method that worked the best for me.
 Being that it is winter, the foundations that worked the best for my skin tone at the moment has been the Medium Light and the Medium.
What I love about my Sheer Foundation:
1. It is very lightweight
2. Does not contain fragances, dyes, mineral oil, or preservatives
3. SPF Protection
4. Gives my skin a natural look while covering what I want it to!
5. Great for my sensitive skin
6. Very easy to apply
I have been using the Full Coverage Kabuki Brush for my foundation and I have been very impressed at how much area it covers. I have never owned such a full brush and I will never go back to my old one. I did, however, need to use a flat brush for under my eyes because the Kabuki Brush was a little too big for the area.  I love the short handle on this brush because it makes it very easy to hold while applying my makeup.
After applying my foundation, I have been using the Mineral Bronzer - Cool Kiss and the Mineral Enhancer - Warm Kiss. I don't feel complete until after I have applied my bronzer. These both go on very smoothly and leave my complexion looking extremely healthy and give my skin a natural glow! I love absolutely love these!
Lastly, I have been applying the Silk Translucent Mineral Finish as my last step. I really like this product because it blends and smooths everything out, while absorbing any excess oils from my skin, finishing my look very nicely. 
Here is a before and after picture of me. You really need to see it in real life to see the big difference because these photos doesn't do this makeup justice! I don't have a good concealer at the moment, so a few of my pregnancy blemishes are unfortunately still visible.
My overall experience with Mineral Hygienics was far beyond what I had imagined! I loved each and every product that I received, and look forward to putting on my makeup now, knowing that my face won't be orange anymore!


Buy It!
Mineral Hygienics mineral makeup is available to purchase on their site!


This product is featured in our "2011 Holiday Gift Guide!"

A big thank you to Mineral Hygienics for providing me with mineral makeup samples to review.  These are my honest opinions, your experience may vary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment