Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Growing Pains: The Complete Second Season...Review!

Oh how I love my 80's sitcoms!  One of my very, very favorites was Growing Pains and I remember watching it every week with my parents.  I know you all remember this show!  Who could forget the Seavers with their three children who were always keeping them on their toes in some way or another.  When Warner Bros. gave me the opportunity to review the just released Growing Pains:  The Complete Second Season.  Here is the scoop...

Synopsis:  Congratulations…you’re fired. Mike (Kirk Cameron) receives a car from his pleased parents after he’s named Employee of the Month. (So how’s he going to tell them he’s been canned?) Mike’s not the only one with secrets. Brainy Carol (Tracey Gold) wants everyone to think she has a romantic extracurricular life with a hunky football hero. And what’s up with 10-year-old Ben (Jeremy Miller) and those 67 calls to a sex line? (No, it’s not what you might think.) These events don’t all happen at the same time, but they do all happen at the same place: the Season 2 home-sweet-ho-ho-home of the Seavers – dad Jason (Alan Thicke), mom Maggie (Joanna Kerns), three on-the-grow kids. Jason works as a psychiatrist. You think maybe it’s time to add some family appointments to his calendar?




Watching these DVD's just brought back so many memories.  I remember rooting for "nerdy" Carol and having a great big crush on Mike (who didn't??).  This show is STILL funny all these years later and I am thrilled to own this second season on DVD.  I never catch this show on reruns so it is great to have my own copy on DVD (which is of great viewing quality).  Ahh....the 80's back again.  LOVE IT!  You can pick up you own copy today on Amazon (just $23.99 for the whole season!!).


Disclosure: I was provided with the above mentioned DVD for purpose of review. The thoughts written are my own and have not been edited. I was not compensated for my honest review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment